Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tokyo Ghoul Tabetai


REMINDER! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!
*These are my reactions and thoughts so I will most probably have to go through some parts in the story. With that, on to the blog!*


If you're into anime, you most probably know Tokyo Ghoul. It's a story about ghouls. Those human-like beings who have no choice but to eat human flesh to survive. I have been so into it since late last year that I have read the first manga Tokyo Kushu, watched the anime Tokyo Ghoul and currently in track of new releases(Season 2) of both mediums.



This is not your usual anime though. The first time I watched it, my expression was like "Wtf?!". ━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━


I have yet to read the manga when I finished Season 1. It was full of gore, sorrow and anguish. The feels that you would get from this anime are just overwhelming. Putting that together with the OP song Unravel made it almost perfect! A setback for me though was a couple of minor censorship that wasn't really needed. (I recommend watching a comparison video for censored and not so it'll make sense.) Oh well~


This is one of the few wherein the censorship was reasonable. Ohh my Shuu~
This is the anime that made me sorry for animals like cows, pigs, chickens, fish etc. Imagine it like we are the ghouls and the animals were humans. To me, it somehow feels the same although I feel so stupid for comparing. I would still eat meat though. I would've been a binge eater. *sigh*

I am not gonna make this post so long so I'm gonna go straight to the juicy part!

One thing that I really liked about this anime is the torture of the protagonist, Kaneki, which made him stronger. It's not like one of those that they go on training or inheriting powers whatsoever. He became powerful by undergoing all those unimaginable agony. I bet you, you can't even think of getting one of your fingers cut. But he had all of his fingers and toes cut over and over. (Ghouls have regenerative powers.) 



Not to mention the centipede part! ∑(O_O;)

This little sucker went all the way into his ear. *cries*
(I even googled the Chinese red-headed centipede because of this. Did you guys do it too?)

Tbh, I can't remember how many times I've watched episode 12. This was the most packed installment I have seen in any anime. Kaneki is just so badass!

When he cracks his fingers...*nosebleeds*
Ahh~ centipede-chan is out.

And the cliffhanger at the end made me read the entire manga from the start!

I learned a few that gave sense on unclear things like the RC cells and different types of kagune. There was this part wherein Mado said that Touka was an ukaku type and I didn't really get it until I read the manga.

(ノ゚0゚)ノ~ Presenting the different kinds of kagunes!
Chibis! This is so informative and just too adorable! ♡(˃͈ દ ˂͈ ༶ ) 


A huge difference also was who Jason killed in the end to make Kaneki break. In the anime, it was a couple. Whereas in the manga, it was a mother and a child. Just too cruel! *sobs*


BTW, did you guys know that Big Madam, the ghoul who kidnapped Juuzo, performed a crude castration on him with a hammer just because she wanted him to be a girl forever?

Big Madam didn't want little Juuzo to become an adult male.

But ofc, it wouldn't happen in the anime. Hurray for censorship cause I know guys would get the feels. XD



I'm happy about the Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul. Ishida Sui is leading the animation. It makes sense why it's better. Plus, he made a different turn on some things that the anime is peaking my interest. Just hope that Pierrot wouldn't rush so much. I want to see the next episode ofc but never would I want something rushed.



Ishida-sama, you're sugoi!!!

1 comment:

  1. True. Well, the anime did make me read the entire manga. ;)
    As for the torture scene, it made a good twist in the story. I also loved how they used the flowers as the symbol of his innocence. Kind of like how we are. From kids to full-grown adults both in mind and body. The feels. *cries*

    ReplyDelete